Sunday, 21 June 2015

Zoeva Smoky Palette


Since recently trying out a Zoeva pencil brush and being very impressed I have been really wanting to try more from Zoeva. I decided to invest in the Zoeva Complete Eye Brush set and while I was browsing  I saw the Zoeva Smoky palette and instantly fell in love with the beautiful shadows and unique colour combination that the palette has to offer. 

Here are the swatches from the Smoky palette:
Top Row L-R: Relieve The Moon, Sleep To Dream, Soul Searching, Sweet Smell, Dark Edge.
Bottom Row L-R: Dust & Memories, Smoky Wishes, Elegant Chaos, Ashes Awake, Real Light.

My thoughts on the palette-
For £15.50 I think this palette is seriously good value. Most of the shadows in the palette have good pigmentation and blend really nicely. The black shade 'Real Light' especially is very nice and has a velvet texture.
The darker colours all tend to look the same when applied but I suppose that is the point of a smoky palette. The colour I was most excited about 'Dark Edge' which is the metallic olive green is quite a disappointment. It loses it's green hue and ends up looking very muddy on the eyes. 
I love the range of cool to very warm mauve tones in this palette and how the majority of the shades are matte is a nice change from most palettes I own. I really love the shade names and the packaging design too, I think Zoeva did a great job making this palette look very appealing.
I've been using the palette for a few weeks now and have managed to create many different looks with the shadows from subtle natural looks to very dramatic gothic looks. 



Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment